Expert Forum on Breast Cancer
January 31 - 1, 2020
Oncology Meeting Innovations’ (OMI’s) Expert Forum on Breast Camcer is a one-and-a-half-day meeting to discuss innovative ideas, tools and treatment strategies of breast cancer in a think-tank style format. The meeting will bring together a select group of experts in these fields for an open examination of new preclinical and translational data that will add to our knowledge and influence of practice over the coming years. The Expert Forum will have discussions on newly emerging preclinical and clinical data on agents targeting HER-2, PARP, CDK4/6 and IO therapies. The forum will also examine use of diagnostic tools. Please note this is a closed forum to invited speakers and participating industry partners.
Event brochure is available here. Program agenda not yet available.
- Review the biology of tumor pathogenesis and the role of host immune and stromal biology in cancer development
- Evaluate the landscape of germline and somatic genetic alterations and their effects on the management of different types of breast cancers
- Assess the standard modalities and genomic tools that support breast cancer treatment options Describe the optimal management ER (+) and HER2 (+) breast cancers
- Explore the current utility of immunotherapy options, including immune checkpoint inhibitors, monoclonal antibodies, and cancer vaccines and the rationales for combinations with other treatment modalities, including radiation therapy and chemotherapy
- Examine current CDK4/6 and PARP inhibitors and the rationales for combining these inhibitors with other therapies
- Debate (neo)adjuvant strategies for optimal treatment
- Debate optimal endocrine therapy and management of side effects