Regional Summit Series on Gastrointestinal Malignancies – Pasadena, CA
March 23, 2019
Overview: Oncology Meeting Innovations’ (OMI’s) Regional Summit on Gastrointestinal Malignancies is a one-day meeting that engages local community oncologists to discuss the current treatment options in gastric cancer, pancreatic cancer, hepatocellular carcinoma, and colorectal cancer. Topics will include recently approved drugs and agents in late-stage development, best practices for employing approved compounds in GI cancers, and relevant case presentations. This meeting will assemble a distinguished group of key opinion leaders to present leading strategies for employing latest advances, managing risk, and prolonging patient survival. Additionally, the audience will have the opportunity to engage the experts with questions and case-study discussion.
- Review standards of care for gastric cancer, pancreatic cancer, hepatocellular carcinoma, and colorectal cancer
- Discuss the evolving role of signaling pathway inhibition in GI malignancies
- Examine newly approved targets in colorectal cancer, hepatocellular carcinoma, and gastric cancer
- Understand the patient selection for EGFR inhibition in GI malignancies
- Evaluate the potential of immunotherapy for personalizing treatment of GI cancers
Jaffer Ajani, MD
Professor, Department of Gastrointestinal Medical OncologyUniversity of Texas MD Anderson Cancer Center Houston, TX
Farshid Dayyani, MD
Associate Professor — Division of Hematology/Oncology, Department of Medicine, UC Irvine School of Medicine
The Westin Pasadena is located at 191 N Los Robles Ave, Pasadena, CA 91101, USA. Find the Westin in the heart of one of California’s most exciting cities, with easy access to cultural sites such as the Historic Old Town, museums, restaurants, and the Rose Bowl Stadium.